PURA UVBB-3 UltraViolet Drinking Water System 110V Features:
- The Pura UVBB3 Ultra-violet System is for commercial, residential, and industrial applications.
- The UVBB-3 UltraViolet Drinking Water System provides water UV disinfection greater than 99.9% kill rate.
- The PURA UVBB-3 features three 20″ Big Blue UV Chambers.
- The first filter housing has a 5 micron sediment filter which is the minimum recommended pre-filtration for effective UV disinfection.
- The second filter is a high capacity 10 micron carbon block to reduce chlorine, taste, odor, color and potentially harmful organics.
- The UVBB-3 Drinking Water System provides ultra-violet disinfection without adding chemicals to your water. UV energy is produced by low-pressure mercury vapor enclosed in a tubular lamp.
- The PURA UVBB-3 produces energy by the UV lamp which has the ability to destroy microorganisms that can live in water. There are 5 major groups of microorganisms that are altered by a specific spectrum of ultraviolet light: viruses, bacteria, fungi, algae and protozoa. When these microbes are exposed to the proper amount of UV energy, their DNA structure is scrambled, which leaves them unable to reproduce (making them sterile or dead).
- One advantage of the UV BigBoy™ Series is the convenient manifold mounting rack. The rack can be used to configure up to four UV chambers. This allows for either a higher UV dosage or higher flow rate (up to 60 GPM). The mounting rack configuration provides easy access for cleaning and maintenance to the individual units without the need to shut down the entire water distribution line.
- The standard LED lamp monitor provides a visual verification the lamp is in operation.